Thursday 11 June 2015

Holly maxwell and the dynamic duo Evil Rising


Hey guys, I'm Greenzelda and welcome back to another chapter of Holly Maxwell and the dynamic duo. This isn't a filler chapter, but a shorter, shall we say more refreshing kind.
I hope you all like it, so without further adieu here it is!




Sonja was mad- No, she was absolutely livid.
How dare that brat betray them like this.
The Cavendish clan had only just arrived home from trial the night before, thanks
to that insidious boy. Ratting the family business out? and for what? SECURITY?
Pathetic.
Chip knew to quietly skulk around when she was like this usually, but that would have to wait until
later. She had a task for him to perform.
Chip flinched as Sonja very deliberately softened her gaze and
smiled in a way that an outsider would mistake for lovingly.
He stared cautiously back at his wife. Sonja never
cooled down this quickly.
Mister and Missus Cavendish had a love-hate relationship at best.
This shockingly, is one of the better moments in their relationship.
Mid embrace, Sonja pulled away to look into Chip's eyes.
"Go. Return him to us."
Chip looked into his wife's loving gaze.
"Where do I look"?
This was the hardest thing about having a lackey for a husband.
"I don't know. Just look for something he touched recently".
"It was you who brought him into the house. It was you who wanted
to raise him like a portable blood bank"! Chip shouted.
Sonja pretended to clean her ears out. "What's that Chip?
I don't hear you complaining about our living conditions".
she said venomously.
She paused.. Sonja's eyes rolled into the back of her head, exposing
veins and other material.
A few seconds passed before she was able to communicate with Chip again.
Who was looking more and more tense as time wore on.
She fidgeted awkwardly before managing a raspy reply.
"-You want a clue buddy boy? Take Janis to the red room and look for..
a place of comfort.".
"Why are your visions never specific?" He whined.
"Shut Up." she snapped.


....

Day ?


We left Hellerville what seems like eons ago.
Things are much different in the Maxwell household.
For one thing, I'm back at proper school for the first time in
years.
Arendale is my home now. At least that's what I have to keep telling myself, and to
Cressida and the others.
They're great, don't get me wrong. But sometimes it feels like I'm
only here on their good humour.
I feel invisible.
Alone.
Unimportant.
Our house doesn't have much about it I like. Its cold,
the floors are gritty and cracked, and the plumbing is shitty.
The three of them worry, I think. Sometimes when they think
I'm asleep, they talk about the future in front of the fire.
I worry. I worry that I'm nothing to them but a burden.
They look after me. Clothe me, feed me, and provide a
means of education. That's something beyond what my
foster family ever did for me.
so even though I know we won't last long before the Cavendishes' catch up with us.
 Holly, Brutus and
Cressy all want me to succeed from the bottom of their big hearts.
I hope for their sake,
I can pretend to be happy, at least.
In an ideal world, we'd be fine. We've hiding out in
Brutus's Grandfather's house for a year now, and a lot has happened
since that ill fated night..
Holly and Brutus have sacrificed so much to let me live.

They should be out
living in the suburbs, shopping for clothing for little Brutus
jr. But instead they're watching over their backs, every day,
every hour,
every minute.
Instead of sharing their joy with their parents. They're stuck
here, thrifting to find a battered up cradle.
They didn't even get a proper wedding, and its all because
of my own selfishness. Because of me.... I've stolen their future.
Their child is doomed, and its all because I couldn't take
being a blood baggy.
Stupid.
Holly calls a family meeting as I'm getting tucked into
my long division. Judging by how stern she looks today,
she hasn't woken up on the wrong side of the bed.
This is serious.
Holly gestures over to the bathroom. "At some point today,
all of us are using that mirror, grabbing some dye and
chopping off the hair". she said.
This was met with blank stares from Brutus and I. Cressida wasn't really paying attention.
She groaned,
"We're far too obvious. I mean
the Cavendish's already know what Josh looks like,
and after the red room incident, they'll have a vague idea
of what we look like too.
Its survival".
the last words echoed around the room.
Figures.
I find myself asking for Cressida's help in the matter. "Cress, tell them
I don't need to dye my hair!! It already looks significantly different, right?"
Cressida continued to scroll a random webpage. "Hmm, what? Well, longer, sure
but the colour's the same, and you still straighten your hair."
"That settles it then", said Holly. She looked at me again, sealing
my doom. "Bathroom". "Now". She handed me a guide, on
hair dye, before shoving me into the tiny room.
In my opinion, it wasn't all that convincing. But it was necessary.
I'd been, black, brown and neon green all before, but blond
hair was a new territory. Considering this was my first attempt without
Janice beside me, assisting with the dye, I'd say I did a pretty good job.
I sighed.
Janice.
"You want to help Daddy find Josh, don't you honey??"
*she was my everything. My adopted sister, my friend
and my protector*
(sob) "No, I swear, I don't know a thing! Josh never even mentioned
running away."
*she was probably in trouble with her parents. Another thing that
I caused.*
"I don't care how! but you WILL tell me where THAT boy is."
*All I can hope for now is that she's safe.*
Brutus went next. Cressida managed to put down her phone for
a few hours and managed to console Brutus for the lost dreads.
She sat with him, while he held the individual pieces that
made up his trademark hairstyle, and mourned them.
Cressida didn't cry, nor complain when we'd been told to
change it up. In fact, out of the four of us, she'd taken the least
amount of time deciding upon what to do.
She was adaptable, after all.
I'd tried to stay up to see Holly's transformation. When she
didn't make a move towards the bathroom after Cressida left,
I knew she wasn't planning on touching a single strand.
Don't get me wrong, I love Holly, but she's a bit of a hypocrite
sometimes.


***
Scoffing down the ice-cream, Cressida struck up a conversation
with Brutus and Holly snuggled in the corner.
"So its decided? We'll get real jobs?" she asked, tentatively,
not wanting to interrupt the lover's talk.
Holly and Brutus stood up, and Cressida made her way over to
the stove. Holly whispered, "Well, yeah. We all knew we'd have
to face the rat race sooner or later. The money's running out."

Brutus bowed his head. "I'm sorry for getting us into this mess. I shouldn't
have interfered."

Cressida quickly cut in. "Hey, don't feel guilty. We all got involved too.
I, for one, am glad we did. I don't know what Josh's reason for leaving was,
but if drugs were involved, then you know it was something messed."

"Besides", she smiled. "It's a crazy adventure, in a way."
Holly blinked suddenly. "Smoke." she said, matter of fact.
"Brutus's jaw dropped open. Cressida turned around, and spotted
what they were referring to.
The smoke detector roared to life, as the couch was licked
by the blaze.
Brutus sprung into action, trying to figure out how to put the fire out.
Josh, rubbed his eyes. There was no way he'd fall back asleep
now. Suddenly, he became aware of the alarm blaring
and the hot flames.
"What the shit, man!?"
Josh quickly pulled out an extinguisher from under the
kitchen sink. As he struggled with the heavy duty object,
the flames began to spread.
Everyone and everything seemed to move in slow motion as the fire
retardant jetted out of the nozzle.
The obvious state of panic that was emerging from everyone
didn't affect Josh in the slightest. When sirens could be heard from
outside, he calmly walked into the bathroom and allowed the
resident fireman to take over.
 The Fireman successfully did his job, and by 2am was on his way.
Smoke still rising from the couch filled the room and caused a terrible
stink. Brutus and Josh dragged the spare seatee up from the basement.
It was unfortunately covered in the same ugly pattern as the former living room couch.

the group retreated outside for a spot of fresh air. The whole house reeked of
the fire.

...
The fire proved to be too much for Holly, as she felt stabbing pains
followed by a sudden rush of water.
Holly let out a shriek "GET. ME. TO. THE. HOSPITAL."
Cressida waved her hands around wildly "You can't have the baby now!!"
she cried.
The horror of childbirth ended with Holly leaving the hospital
scarcely a day after giving birth. Just like the Duchess of
Cambridge, she walked out with baby in tow and looked fabulous.
When Holly arrived home, there was a celebration waiting for her.
Brutus stood near the fireplace, and stared into his beloved's eyes.
"Marry me, right here, right now", he said.
Holly fumbled for her ring, she wasn't wearing her glasses after all.
Then she gingerly slid it over Brutus's finger. Husband and Wife,
who would of known she'd fall in love so easily?
Brutus broke out into a grin as he placed the ring on his soon
to be wife's finger. Who knew he'd fall in love so easily?
"Nathan makes three, Babe." said Brutus, eyes misty, and
filled with emotion.
They sealed it with a kiss so passionate, that Cressida and Josh
felt compelled to move out of the room and out of the ceremony.
"Do you think you'll ever fall in love like them?" Josh asked,
a little unsure if he wanted to know the answer.
"I don't know. Love's not for everyone". She said, with a twinkle in her eye.

With the wedding and baby Nathan's impending arrival, Holly had neglected to dye her hair.
It wasn't that she wasn't capable, It was more of a vain desire to keep her red locks for as long as
possible. She knew she'd have to be un-recognisable if they wanted to shake off Sonja. 
Holly took a final look in the mirror. "Damn",
she thought. Yes, being blonde again would suit her well enough.








0 comments:

Post a Comment