Wednesday 6 January 2016

Good Golly Miss Molly Chapter one:Video et Taceo











"Have you come to mock my pain also?"
"You may as well come closer. I won't bite". 
"Let me look at you". "Oh, so young. So innocent". 
"I suppose you're here for the same reason as the last one?". 

"You want a story". 
"Very well".
"This is the story of how I came to be here.
Some would call it a tale of triumph, and others would call it 
one of despair. It is my life. This is my story."
"I hope you're sitting comfortably". 


.....




I was twenty years of age when I left the sultry, southern lands I called home. 
My family was well off, and as such we lived quite a good life. I grew up among 
societies richest, and was friends with all the right people.
 However, if you are a person such as myself, who was born into wealth you develop a great deal of ambition, and perhaps even a degree of anxiety about money. Naturally, living like that has its downsides. I grew restless. 
And when I met my first husband, a man by the name of Devon. I leaped at the chance to escape. 

Still with me so far? 
Yes?
My, you are persistent. 

                           
 And, after a grueling 6 months of courting me, 
Devon and I were finally married. 


It was a very traditional affair of course.
My parents saw to that. 

Miraculously, my plan had come to fruition. 
I was now married, and living in California (which I can assure you 
was well away from my overbearing Mother). With a man who 
not only was extremely successful, but who I had come to love. 
Yes, life was going great. Let me tell you, I loved that man enough
to fill an entire room with my happiness. I now revealed in 
societal events, and through myself wholeheartedly into the throng. 
 And what made matters even more satisfying, the more places 
we were seen together, as husband and wife, the more 
Devon found success in his chosen career. 
Two years in parliament, and he'd been promoted about half 
a dozen times. 


Then. Everything came to a halt. 
Devon suddenly began to leave me out of conversations, 
I wasn't invited to certain parties. I found his behavior to be very strange. 
But of course, I thought I was the one to blame. 

"Excuse us Molly, we have some things to discuss". 

I should've known then, that something was amiss. 
One day we'd be meeting with a member of congress, and 
the next it would be a senator's son. 
We visited one Ely Orangansaft frequently.
In fact, Devon would spend hours with Ely, 
and I let them. 

I became invisible. 

"Video et Taceo"
"I see and say nothing". 
If I didn't see it. It didn't happen. 
And then, I opened my eyes. 
And saw. 
And When I left that room....

I was an entirely different person. 
PHEW THAT TOOK QUITE AN EFFORT.
I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and as always
if you want to leave me a comment
you can do so. 
I do appreciate it. 
;-)

Go on. 

What do you have to lose?

there's a GIF in it for you... 


#JIMTHEFISH 

















0 comments:

Post a Comment